Getting Rid of Crepey Skin Guide: The Causes, Treatment Options, and Our Top Body Creams Picks!
Crepey Skin is named after crepe paper, which has a wrinkled thin look to it.
As we get older, our skin loses collagen, elasticity, and hydration, and we tend to develop crepey skin.
If you’re over 40, you probably have crepey skin at least on some areas of your body.
That being said, according to this post by the Cleveland clinic, you might see signs of crepey skin even at the early age of 20!
But don’t panic, there are ways to reduce and even completely get rid of crepey skin naturally, and that’s what we’re going to talk about today!
Our team researched, read, and did a lot of work in order to first understand what causes crepey skin, and then which are the best natural creams to treat it with.
We hope you’ll appreciate this post and find it useful!
TODAY WE’RE GOING TO COVER:
- What are the causes of crepey skin?
- What are the treatment options for crepey skin?
- The 11 best body creams for crepey skin reviewed
CREPEY SKIN: THE CAUSES
Genetics play a fairly large role in this condition but of course there are other factors to crepey skin.
Sun damage is another reason we get crepey skin. Exposing your skin to the sun, and more specifically to UV radiation, for long periods of time is a bad idea for so many reasons.
The sun dries out your skin and accelerates the aging process, causing you more wrinkles.
Just so we’re clear ,tanning beds will also accelerate the appearance of crepey skin, just in case you thought of cheating your way to healthy looking skin!
If you lost a substantial amount of weight, then good for you!
But, expect some stretch marks and crepey skin to apear, its just a natural part of the process.
Especially if you’re over 35, your skin will have a hard time adapting to extreme weight loss / gain changes.
It just wont have the same elasticity that you had when you were younger, and it will be harder for your skin to stretch according to your new body dimensions.
Another crepey skin accelerator is aging, which is part of life and we have no control of.
As we age, our body looses moisture, collagen, and elastin (which is responsible for the elasticity of the skin).
You probably know that smoking is another cause for crepey skin, and other multiple skin issues, including pigmentation issues and wrinkles. The problem with smoking is that its really hard to quit for more people, and if its very unlikely that you will quit just to not have crepey skin.
If you smoke, lung cancer and other deadly diseases should be your main motivation to quit.
Last, you always want to make sure you’re eating right, as bad nutrition can accelerate the appearance of crepey skin.
Make sure your diet contains natural, healthy foods, and are filled with healthy fatty acids (omega 3,6,9) that keep your skin hydrated and your general health on point.
Making sure you’re hydrated at all times by drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day is one of the best things you can do for your skin.
Now that we better understand the causes of crepey skin, before we dive into our top creams list, lets talk about all the treatment options.
HOW TO TREAT CREPEY SKIN : TREATMENT OPTIONS
Other than body creams, there are several ways to treat crepey skin.
There is a laser procedure that helps treating crepey skin, called FRAXEL. This treatment uses laser to penetrate your skin and encourage collagen growth.
We’re not huge fans of laser treatments here on Estheticshub, but this one can be efficient at times.
Other than invasive treatments, we love & recommend body creams that specifically target crepey skin.
So before we dive into the best creams to treat crepey skin, we wanted to recommend one more treatment you should follow, prior to using any cream.
That treatment is good old exfoliation, but more specifically, by using dead sea salt scrubs.
These type of mineral rich salt scrubs will help you get rid of dead, dry skin layers before you apply the actual creams.
That way you’re applying the creams on a ‘fresh’ layer of skin, rather than on a layer of dead skin.
Now is the part we’ve all been waiting for, lets take a look at the body creams that will help you eliminate your crepey skin!
OUR TOP PICKS – THE BEST 11 BODY CREAMS FOR CREPEY SKIN
The following is a list of cream products that can help those with crepey skin to retain a youthful overall appearance.
Our number 1 choice is the crepe erase system, which we thoroughly reviewed just recently in this post.
This system which includes body and facial creams is proven to help you get rid of your dry, crepe skin within weeks.
Customers are raving about this product and we feel confident to recommend it to our buyers after hours of research.
The crepe erase cream will deeply moisturize your skin and will make sure the hydration lasts for days.
Its based on natural ingredients, such as shea butter, Cocoa seed butter, vitamin E and a natural completion of hydrating oils.
- Works FAST, users have reported results as fast as 1 week!
- They offer a 60 day money back guaranteed!
- Based on all natural ingredients
- Provides long lasting hydration for your skin
- Great for all skin types
- Award winning system, dermatology recommended!
- Comes with a free gift : 4-in-1 Eye Renewal Capsules
We tried to look for cons, but really couldnt find any. Thats the reason we ranked this treatment #1.
To get the Crepe Erase System with a special discount – CLICK HERE NOW!
This product features a number of powerful ingredients that can help slow down the natural aging process. It is also packed with antioxidants that can help your skin maintain a healthy glow.
One of the great things about this body cream is that it hydrates the skin while preventing the formation of wrinkles and lines. It can be used on the face, neck, hands, around the eyes and all over the body.
Some of the ingredients that make up this product’s natural formula include rosemary, aloe vera, shea butter, and apple. This body cream is designed specifically for those with crepey skin.
- Natural formula that is loaded with antioxidants to keep your skin healthy.
- Smoothes and sooths the skin for a great look and feel.
- Alcohol and paraben-free formula.
- Helps with reducing the appearance of wrinkles and lines.
- Look years younger within just a couple weeks of using this product.
- Comes with a money-back guarantee.
- Carefully formulated to work well even for those with sensitive skin.
- Each ingredient in this product has been rigorously tested and studied.
- Some customers have complained about this cream having a fairly strong scent.
The hyaluronic acid in this product loosens up tight and damaged skin for a much more youthful look. The alpha hydroxyl acids also contribute to the overall efficacy of this body cream to help you turn back the clock.
You will find that this cream has a nice cotton candy scent that will keep you smelling great while retaining a beautiful young look. This product contains argan oil, olive oil, nut oil, coconut oil, and other natural ingredients. You won’t find any synthetic ingredients here.
A total of 8 fluid ounces, this all over body cream product is the perfect choice for those who want a solution to their crepey skin.
- All-natural formula that won’t cause any adverse reactions even to those with sensitive skin.
- Cotton candy scent that most people will find quite pleasant.
- Alpha hydroxyl and hyaluronic acids tighten up the skin for a younger look.
- Honey is included in this product to rejuvenate the skin in a noticeable way.
- Very easy to apply without any issues.
- Designed specifically for those with crepey skin.
- Might take some people a while to start seeing results with this product.
Adamia Therapeutic Repair Lotion has 16 ounces of skin-rejuvenating cream that can offer you an effective solution to your crepey skin. This product won the Women’s Choice Award for Therapeutic Lotions, and it has been hailed as a breakthrough for crepey skin.
Many of the ingredients in this product have been clinically tested and proven to produce results when it comes to reducing and preventing signs of aging. It is dermatologist-tested and non-allergenic, making it perfect for people with sensitive skin. There are no GMO ingredients at all.
You will discover that there are quite a few great ingredients in this product, including macadamia oil as well as omega-7. It forms a protecting layer to protect the skin while healing it.
- Tested and recommended by actual dermatologists.
- Award-winning natural formula.
- Powerful ingredients like macadamia oil turn the clock back on the skin.
- Non-allergenic and GMO-free for a completely safe skincare experience.
- Perfect for those with sensitive skin prone to breakouts.
- Powerful antioxidant properties.
- The pump function can be a problem sometimes.
This anti-aging cream is great for crepey skin with its powerful formula packed with natural antioxidants. The ferulic acid in this product heals skin damaged by sun exposure as well as preventing wrinkles and fine lines.
If you want firmer, plumber skin in no time, this product is an excellent choice. It moisturizes the skin to keep it hydrated all the time. It can work wonders on dark spots while increasing overall elasticity.
The vegan and cruelty-free formula of this skincare product makes it a good choice for everyone. This is one of the more effective treatments on the market for crepey skin.
- Designed to moisturize the skin while repairing it for a younger, more beautiful look.
- Perfect for those with skin that is sun damaged.
- One of the most effective anti-aging creams on the market today.
- Can remove and prevent fine lines and wrinkles.
- Includes Aloe Vera, shea butter, and other natural ingredients for a safe and effective way to improve your skin.
- Free of parabens or propylene glycol.
- Few complaints from customers about an unpleasant aroma.
The tightening effect that this body cream has on the skin will have you looking younger and sexier in no time at all. Anyone who has crepey skin should consider purchasing this product because of how well it can work to reduce signs of aging.
There are numerous antioxidant properties in this body cream that can increase the overall health of your skin. The high levels of vitamin C will protect against potentially-dangerous free-radicals. There is also alpha hydroxyl acid, which exfoliates the skin to remove dead skin cells.
This product comes with a satisfaction guarantee, and it is definitely one of the better options available for people with crepey skin.
- Tighten and firms the skin simultaneously for amazing results.
- Product has won multiple awards.
- Used by celebrities to retain their youthful appearance.
- Features antioxidant properties that can protect your skin and keep it looking great for the long term.
- Includes ingredients like jojoba oil and almond oil for a natural but effective formula.
- This body cream might be a bit too thick for some people.
This body cream from Bella Jade absorbs quickly into your skin to tighten it up and keep it hydrated. It includes jojoba oil as well as aloe vera and cocoa butter for a natural but effective way to prevent unsightly age marks.
You won’t find any sulphates, mineral oil or parabens in this body cream. It can be used all over the body to heal your skin and reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and blemishes of all kinds. There are few other skincare products on the market that can compare to this one.
- Great for getting softer and better-looking skin in a very short amount of time.
- Effective solution for crepey skin.
- Natural formula consists of botanical ingredients and other things that are great for overall skin health.
- Features jojoba oil, coconut oil, and Aloe Vera to sooth the skin while it heals it.
- Works great on sun-damaged skin.
- Amazing anti-aging cream that will make you look ten years younger.
- Hydrates the skin to keep it from drying out.
- Goes on a bit thick.
The formula that this skincare product uses includes a significant about of glycolic acid, which heals the skin while reducing signs of aging. It designed specifically to reduce the effects of crepe skin.
You will find that the squalene helps delicate balance of the skin’s oils without clogging the pores. The result is softer and smoother skin that looks and feels better than ever before. It can also help to tone the skin for a firmer feel and appearance.
If you are looking for a body cream that smoothes and softens without clogging the pores, this is a great choice.
- Hydrates your skin so it isn’t dry and cracked at all.
- Can smooth out your skin for a more youthful look that others will be sure to notice.
- Tones and tightens the skin quickly.
- Includes glycolic acid and powerful antioxidants that prevent further damage to your skin.
- Perfect overall solution for rejuvenating the skin.
- Could take some people with more serious skin damage a while to begin seeing results.
When you need to get relief from your crepey skin for a better look and feel, this body cream has the answer. It is designed for people with sensitive skin, so it can work well for pretty much anyone.
The anti-aging properties of this cream make it one of the best choices available on the market right now. If you want to start looking younger than ever before, it is highly recommended that you look into this particular option.
With a dermatologist-approved formula, you cannot do much better than this body cream for reversing age marks and blemishes.
- Great for itchy, dry skin because of its hydrating properties.
- Reverse the signs of aging for a younger look.
- Gentle formula is ideal for people with sensitive skin.
- Doesn’t stain clothes or bed sheets.
- Dermatologist-recommended for ultimate effectiveness.
- A few customers have claimed that this body cream goes on somewhat greasy.
There are tons of natural but powerful and effective ingredients in this body cream, including green tea, rose hip oil, and shea butter. These ingredients work together to sooth and repair damaged skin. Those who have problems with crepey skin can benefit from this product.
Made in the USA, this body cream doesn’t use any potentially harmful chemicals or synthetic ingredients of any kind. It also won’t leave your skin dry or chapped (in fact just the opposite.) It is a great choice for those with crepey skin.
- Hydrating properties that will keep your skin from drying out like so many other creams.
- Satisfaction guarantee so there is no risk to buying this product.
- Firming effect will leave your skin toned and looking great.
- Antioxidant properties keep your skin safe and healthy.
- Great hand lotion but works everywhere on the body.
- Somewhat strong smell.
Designed for dry and crepey skin, this body cream works wonders when it comes to unclogging pores to keep the skin clean and healthy. It heals cracked skin to make you look and feel better. The organic ingredients in this cream include shea butter and various vitamins.
If you are prone to irritated or dry skin, this is an effective solution that will provide you with the relief you are seeking. You can count on this body cream to help your skin heal and look younger than ever before.
- Doesn’t include any irritating or artificial ingredients.
- Features shea butter and different vitamins that are essential for healthy skin.
- Perfect for skin that is prone to cracking and irritation.
- One of the most effective crepey skin solutions on the market.
- Promotes collagen production.
- Texture of the cream takes some getting used to.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Crepey skin is unattractive and we all hate it, but it definitely can be treated.
Before you undergo a harsh treatment, like laser or surgery, we recommend trying a natural one.
The crepe erase body creams are a great simple a natural effective treatment that can help you eliminate that type of skin.
We hope this post helped you find the best treatment option for you.
Remember, healthy eating and drinking a lot of water to make sure you’re hydrated at all times is always a great thing, for both your skin and general health.
Avoid junk food and food that are filled with oils. You also want to try to stay out of the sun as much as possible if the appearance of your skin matters to you.
Last, please share this post via social media so we can keep growing Estheticshub.com and bring you more awesome, valuable content!
If you have any questions/feedback, comment below, we’d love to hear from you and reply to all of our readers comments.