Finding the right foundation powder while having an asian skin tone can be a challenging task. We have 2 of our beautiful members in our beauty team that are asian, so we’ve sent them on that fun task!
As writtein in this article named the characteristics of asian skin, asian skin is known to often have hyperpigmentation, melasma, lentigines and freckles, which we considered when doing this review.
Another general misconception is that all Asian skin tones are alike. That cant be further from the truth, we realize that. The type of Asian skin tone you have will depend on the region you are from.
Also, genes play a significant role. One of the major issues that people with Asian skin face is hyperpigmentation.
This means that they produce more melanin, which is a pigment that helps to choose their skin color. Their skin will easily get darker.
In today’s post we reviewed the best foundation for asian skin tones – that compliment your skin the most!
Lets dive right into our top 7 list.
This one of the highest-rated foundations for your Asian skin tone. The formula is mineral-rich enabling your skin to look healthy when wearing this foundation.
Your skin will be radiant. It provides excellent coverage for your face.
This foundation comes in multiple shades that will complement your Asian skin tone no matter what it is. This is one of the best foundations you will find on the market today.
- Lightweight, powdered-based foundation.
- Perfect for sensitive skin
- Will not cause breakouts or irritate your skin.
- Fragrance-free, talc-free, and hypoallergenic
- Covers your dark spots and blemishes.
- Has nourishing Vitamins E and C, protective antioxidants, and SPF 30.
- Dermatologist approved.
There are no cons to wearing this foundation.
This type of foundation is in great demand. Some with Asian skin tones have trouble finding a matte finish foundation that matches their skin tone because it is not even. If this is the case, look no farther than this foundation.
- The mousse foundation will take care of uneven skin tones, giving you the right coverage in a matter of moments.
- It goes on smoothly.
- You only need a little bit to blend it on your face to give you a smooth texture and airsoft feel.
- It does not feel heavy on your face.
- Due to the matte finish, you can enrich your look with a smokey eye look or use a bold lip color.
- It comes in a variety of shades.
- Only lasts four to five hours if it is worn in a sweat-free environment,
- It is not waterproof, so it does not work well in a humid place.
#3 MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 Foundation Review
This is a modern foundation for Asian skin that will give your face a buildable, medium coverage for a matte finish that looks natural. This foundation is the one you need if you are looking for a long-wear foundation. When applied, it will give you a flawless, smooth finish. This company is the pioneer of the undertone shade chart.
- Easy to apply and blend into your face.
- Helps to minimize imperfections and the appearance of pores.
- Oil-free with an SPF15.
- No breakouts when wearing this foundation.
- They have a wide range of foundation shades.
- Liquid foundation with a no-fuss, no-muss application.
- The oil-absorbing formula absorbs every bit of oil from your face giving you a perfect matte finish.
- This is not a good foundation for those with dry skin as it could be too drying for your skin. Use a moisturizer before you use the foundation to fix this issue.
#4 Beauty Basics Mineral Liquid Powder Foundation
With any foundation that you use, you want it to give you a fresh, natural, youthful look. This foundation will do just that. You will have thirteen shades to choose from.
- The innovative liquid formula glides on easily.
- The soft texture of this foundation will not clog your pores but will cover your imperfections.
- The micro-diffusers in the foundation will make your face look flawless all day.
- Not only gentle on your face, when wearing it, but the foundation also gives you the feeling of not wearing any foundation.
- Has an SPF15 to protect your face from UV rays.
- Your ultra-sensitive skin has antioxidant protection.
- Great for all skin types, especially skin with an oily t-zone and large pores.
- It can look wet and shiny when there is excess oil on your skin or if you are perspiring.
- Oil and moisture can accumulate in the wrinkles and lines after hours of wearing the foundation.
- If you put it on too heavy, it can cause blemishes and clogged pores.
#5 Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination-Medium
This foundation comes in a compact, so it is easy to carry it in your makeup pouch. It is an anti-aging powder foundation. It will give you flawless, radiant skin. You can airbrush the foundation on your face to give you the look of fine lines. Your skin will look younger when wearing it. The foundation was developed with dermatologists and plastic surgeon’s insights, skincare expertise, and ingredients.
- When wearing this foundation, it will help to blur your imperfections, wrinkles, and pores.
- Designed for a medium skin tone.
- Comes in thirteen shades.
- Lasts all day with coverage that does not crack or crease on your face.
- It absorbs the oil from your face.
- Your skin’s elasticity is supported by the hyaluronic acid that is found in the foundation.
- The appearance of wrinkles is reduced with the peptides.
- After wearing it for a long period it can start to come off unevenly.
- You may need to apply more to get more coverage.
- Not recommended for oily skin
#6 NARS Sheer Matte Foundation Review
Wearing this foundation will help to brighten and clarify your overall skin tone. It will also help to minimize visible discoloration. It is a perfect foundation for those with normal to oily skin tones. It comes in fifteen different shades. Using the oil-absorbing formula, you are getting an oil-free foundation.
- Dermatologist tested and is fragrance=free.
- It is oil-free so it will help to control the shine by absorbing the oil from your face.
- The matte finish will last all day.
- The foundation is softer, smoother, and more luminous.
- Using this foundation regularly, you will soon start to notice an improvement in the texture of your skin and complexion.
- It does not give you any SPF to help protect your face from UV rays.
- Not suitable for those with dry skin.
#7 Estee Lauder Double Wear SPF 10 Foundation Review
If you like lightweight foundations, this is the one that you should choose. Although it is comfortable to wear, it is designed for long wear. It will not give you episodes of breakouts. It is also waterproof. It is designed for those with normal to oily skin.
- A “stay-put” foundation.
- It has been formulated to give you a natural, flawless look,
- It will last through humidity and heat without coming off on your clothes and will not change color.
- Not meant for dry skin as after long use it can look pancake-y.
- Some feel it is hard to remove at the end of the day so you may need a strong makeup remover to take it off.
Finding the Right Foundation for Asian Skin Tone
- Do not go light: Look for a natural shade that will compliment your skin tone and not change it. Do not go too light when choosing your foundation. You want people to notice you, not the foundation you are wearing.
- Consider your skin type: It is a given fact that not all foundations will fit all skin types. Some may be lucky to have porcelain skin but most everyone has dry patches they struggle with. They may also struggle with acne or oily complexions. In addition to the shade of the foundation, you also need to look at the formulation. If you have dry skin, choose a cream or liquid foundation. For oily skin, you should use a powder foundation.
- Pay attention to the undertones: This is the color that is beneath your skin. Look at your veins and if they are blue, you should go with cool undertones. If you see green veins, you should go for warm undertones. If you are not sure, then go with a neutral undertone.
- Try a custom blend: If you are unable to find the exact right shade try to mix two colors. This will help you get the right color. As with any skin tone, no two are alike, and Asian skin tone is no exception.
In terms of skincare, we highly recommend using a serum with hyaluronic acid, especially for asian skin. Another recommended anti-aging treatment is red light therapy, which most asian girls we know already use, but its worth a mention.
THE BOTTOM LINE
When choosing a foundation for asian skin tone, and in general, you want to make sure that it looks as natural as possible.
To do this, you need to get a foundation that is at least two shades lighter than the surface color of your skin. You also need to remember that the middle of your face is usually lighter than the skin around your face’s perimeter. Therefore, it is sometimes better if you use two shades of foundation.
According to the Fitzpatrick skin tone test, Asian skin tones can be found under the Types II to IV classifications. Their skin tones range from light brown to olive-brown to dark brown. To determine your skin tone, you need to look at the region you live in and your genes to get the right foundation.
If unsure, get help from a makeup expert to find the perfect one. You want your foundation to be flawless, long-lasting, and make you look beautiful.
Please share this post so we can keep providing awesome content for free!