Crepey skin is characterized by what appears to be wrinkled, thin skin that looks like crepe paper. It is not only caused by aging but can also be caused by the damage from the sun.
We recommend reading this well-written article by medical news today, in it, it was said that “not only ‘old’ people suffer from crepey skin.”
In fact, crepey-looking skin has become a nation-wide issue, as 1 out of 4 people over 40 has complained about it in 2021.
In a recent post, we reviewed one of the most popular treatments for crepey skin, called crepe erase.
Today, we wanted to dive deeper specifically on crepey skin on arms and legs, and offer other treatments for crepey skin that forms on your body, not just your face.
Whether you have crepey skin is also determined by genetics and your skin type. It generally starts to appear when you are in your forties as your skin starts to become more flaccid and looser.
The phenomenon generally affects large areas and can make your skin more fragile.
But is there a way to treat crepey skin on your arms and legs? could you help your skin in getting rid of crepey skin, naturally without a surgery?
We believe so. In fact, some of the lotions we reviewed today are so amazingly effective, that they will help you in getting rid of crepey skin on your body within as little as 7 days of use!
We won’t make you wait any longer! lets dive right into our top 7 list.
7 Best Lotions for Crepey Skin on Arms and Legs
Yes! you guessed it. At the number 1 spot, there’s good old crepe erase body lotion.
We couldn’t help it, it is the best lotion for crepey skin on your legs and arms, there’s no way around it.
It has a citrus scent and is good on all skin types, including oily skin. You should use this daily and rub it in using gentle, circular motions on clean, dry skin until it is absorbed.
One thing to note is that it contains beeswax so if you are allergic to pollen grains, you should not use it.
- Contains ingredients like shea and cocoa butter to help smooth the skin and prevent the development of wrinkles.
- The intense moisturizer helps to fight the effects of all seasons with concentrated hydration.
- Helps to restore your youthful appearance and healthy glow.
- Helps in the healing of pimples.
- One of the ingredients in this product, skin smoothing exfoliators is used to eliminate the dead skin cells can cause an allergic reaction if you use a significant amount.
- For some people, the shea butter could cause itchy rashes.
- This is just one part of a three-step routine, so there are two more products you need to purchase so it can be expensive.
This is a second pick for over-the-counter lotion for crepey skin on your arms and legs. It helps to lift and tighten the skin on your legs and arms with its collagen repair treatment, which also includes caffeine. It plumps up your wrinkles. The firming cream also contains shea butter to make your skin feel soft and smooth with a pleasant, nice scent.
- Has all-natural ingredients.
- Works with all skin types; sensitive, dry, or mature on men and women.
- Can use it night and morning.
- Absorbs into the skin easily.
- Hydrating and moisturizing
- Does not feel greasy.
- Great for your arms and legs but should not be used on your face.
- Although it has a nice, pleasant scent, for some it can be overpowering.
- For long-lasting effects, you will need to use it long-term.
If you need a lotion for crepey skin on areas besides your arms and legs, this is a lotion that you can use on your face. It also has collagen creams with great moisturizing abilities. It is formulated for aging skin and works to improve the elasticity of your skin.
- Boosts the production of collagen.
- Because you can use it on your face, you will be able to benefit from its regenerative power from your toes to your head.
- You will not have to purchase a separate cream for your face.
- Mild formula with strong effects
- Softens skin that has been damaged by the sun.
- Reduces dryness and helps to erase wrinkles.
- Non-greasy and absorbs into the skin easily.
- Needs more applications to see your wrinkles disappear.
- At first, the scent is a bit strong
- More expensive than other lotions
When you compare it with other lotions for crepey skin on your arms and legs, it is not that expensive. The effects it gives you make it seem like an expensive lotion. The three-piece set includes Crepe Be Gone Firming Neck Cream, The Crepe Away Body Souffle, and the Crepe Be Gone Exfoliating Body Polish.
- Pharmacist created.
- Effectively loosens wrinkles.
- Makes your skin plumper and softer.
- It states that it is for crepey skin but the only product in the kit made for crepey skin is the firming cream.
- Requires continual use or the effects do not last.
This is the best crepey skin lotion to use if you want to erase age spots and wrinkles. The reason is that the main ingredient of this lotion is retinol. This is a powerful ingredient to help boost the production of collagen. It also helps to reduce fine lines.
- It has natural antioxidants and Ferulic Acid, making it a powerful crepey skin lotion for your arms and legs.
- The advanced formula will enhance the firmness of your skin with 88% instant hydration.
- It also contains aloe Vera, chamomile, black tea, and shea butter.
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Contains no chemicals like parabens, formaldehyde, or dyes.
- Does not irritate your skin.
- Absorbs into your skin quickly.
- When first using it, it can leave the skin on your arms and legs feeling a bit dry.
- The lotion is a little thicker than some others.
This is the ideal lotion for those that have sensitive skin because of the pH 5.5. It is very popular as an anti-sagging, firming cream. This lotion will leave your skin feeling soft with great elasticity so you will have fewer wrinkles. Slowly your crepey skin will reverse. It has a pleasant smell and feels amazing on your skin.
- One of the best for reducing wrinkles, all types of blemishes, and cellulite.
- Has great hydrating effects.
- Rich in natural ingredients such as lotus extract, aloe vera, and coffee bean so it will not harm your skin.
- You can use this on your face.
- It is vegan and cruelty-free, and does not contain any parabens or alcohol.
- Environmentally friendly skin product.
- Tightens loose skin effectively.
- Noticeable effects immediately
- Not overpowering or sticky and absorbs fast.
- The bottle is problematic.
Although the price may not seem like it, it is one of the best lotions for crepey skin on your arms and legs if you are on a budget. It is a 3-piece set so the combination of the three will help to reverse your arm and leg crepey skin. The kit includes Ultra Hydrating Body Lotion, Exfoliating Body Polish, and Intensive treatment. Use it daily on your arms and legs and leave it on for two minutes, then rinse off, and pat dry.
- The three ingredients are made for elastin production and healthy collagen.
- Uses a blend of plant extracts.
- Has a pleasing scent.
- Visible effects.
- Does not indicate what ingredients were used, including the type of plant extracts.
- Should not be used on your face.
- It does not apply smoothly.
This is a lotion that is specifically formulated for mature and aging skin. It contains three vitamins and a blend of seven moisturizers that help to plump up your skin. It is great to use on your arms, legs, and other areas of your body where you have crepey skin. It has been formulated with a spectrum SPF20. It will hydrate your skin giving it a youthful appearance and more resilient skin.
- Moisturization that lasts for 24-hours
- Hypoallergenic and tested by dermatologists.
- Light formulation so it is comfortable to use at any time.
- Fresh, clean scent.
- Good for sensitive skin.
- Fast absorption into your skin.
- Not good for skin that is oily.
Finding The Best Lotion for Crepey Skin on Your Arms and Legs
When you are looking at the best lotions for crepey skin treatment, you should look to see if the products contain specific ingredients that will help with this issue.
You want to make sure it contains moisturizing and hydration-boosting ingredients like:
- Antioxidants and vitamins E and C
- Acids such as Latic, Salicylic, Hyaluronic, Glycolic, Beta hydroxy, and Alpha hydroxy.
- For the best crepey skin lotions for your arms and legs, look for those that contain all-natural ingredients.
The reason is that clay is suitable if you have an oily epidermal layer. Meaning, your skin is very oily. Which is probably not the case if you suffer from crepey skin (at least in that area of skin).
You want to moisturize your skin to make it softer, not drier, which is what the clay will do. It should also have the best hydrating and moisturizing qualities so your skin does not dry out.
THE BOTTOM LINE
When looking at the best lotions to help with the crepey skin on your legs and arms, you cannot go wrong with choosing Crepe Erase-Ultra Hydrating Body Lotion or InstaNatural Crepe Firming Cream. When you look at the size, ingredients, and price, both have everything.
Crepey skin is nothing to be ashamed of having because many people worldwide have this medical condition.
Although it is part of aging, there is no reason to suffer from thin, dry skin. Start your day with using lotion on your legs and arms and before you go to bed. It will help keep your skin looking radiant and lush.
Please share this post with your friends and family via social media so we can keep estheticshub growing!